Jewellery

House of Amber Fredrikinkatu

Find on Map
House of Amber Fredrikinkatu
  • Tax Free Tax Free

Brand description:

House of Amber was founded in 1933 by Einar Fehm. It is one of the World’s leading and oldest manufacturers for amber jewelry. Through the huge efforts of several generations, we have concentrated on creating amber jewelry of the finest quality. Our amber gemstones are carefully selected and our jewelry uniquely designed and often set with gold, silver, and diamonds. In addition to bracelets, necklaces, pendants, and earrings, gorgeous amber sculptures are also available in our shops. Our experienced and professional sales will help the customers find the most suitable one, and try to provide the best service.

Natural history:

The magical world of amber takes us 30-50 million years back to the bygone world. It all begins with the immense forests of pine trees in the northern part of Scandinavia. When a tree became damaged, the resin would seep out into the forest floor. The wild glaciers from the ice age and the pre-historic rivers then carried the resin to the North Sea and the Baltic Sea. On its journey through time, the resin hardened and the raw nature formed it into amber- our precious Nordic Gold.

Location:

Fredrikinkatu store is near the Rock Church (Temppeliaukion kirkko). The store is also only 400 meters away from the shopping center Kamppi. 

Design District Illustration
information